Are you familiar with the immense power and size of a commercial truck? These behemoths can weigh up to 80,000 pounds and are capable of causing catastrophic damage in an instant. Given the size and weight of commercial trucks, collisions between trucks and cars are often devastating to the occupants of smaller vehicles. These collisions often result in catastrophic injuries and, in some tragic cases, death.
After an accident involving a semi-truck, it is essential for accident victims who have been injured or lost a loved one take steps to protect their rights and preserve any legal claims they may have. If you need a truck accident lawyer in Rochester, NY, or the surrounding areas, advertisements and billboards can make it challenging to decide where to turn.
At Steve Foley Law Firm, our truck accident attorney experts have been helping motorists in Buffalo, Niagara Falls, Rochester, Syracuse, Albany, and surrounding metros beyond pursue justice for more than 30 years. We will thoroughly investigate the accident, identify every available source of compensation, and tirelessly pursue the verdict or settlement you deserve under the law.
Every accident case is unique, but there are several parties who may be found legally responsible for the costs to survivors, including:
If you’ve been involved in a trucking accident or truck crash, you may be wondering what kind of damages you can seek from the trucking company. If this accident occurred in the state of New York, our truck accident lawyers will be able to tell you specifically what damages you are entitled to, but here are some of the most common damages that can be sought:
1. Medical expenses: If you’ve been injured in a trucking accident, you may be able to seek reimbursement for your medical expenses. This includes things like hospitalization, surgery, rehabilitation, and any other medical treatment you’ve received as a result of the accident.
2. Lost wages: If you’re unable to work because of your injuries from a truck accident, you may be able to seek compensation for your lost wages. This includes both past and future lost wages.
3. Pain and suffering: You may also be able to seek compensation for the pain and suffering you’ve endured as a result of the accident. This can include both physical and emotional pain and suffering.
4. Property damage: If your property was damaged in the accident, you may be able to seek reimbursement for the repairs or replacement costs.
5. Punitive damages: In some cases, punitive damages may also be available. These are designed to punish the trucking company for their negligence and are not available in all cases.
The best thing you can do after getting into an accident to give yourself the best chance of getting compensation from any truck accident claims is to hire a qualified Albany truck accident lawyer or Rochester truck accident lawyer.
An attorney can help you in many ways if you’ve been injured in a trucking accident. They can ensure that all of your medical bills are paid, help you get compensated for lost wages, and work to get you the best possible settlement.
Most people don’t realize how complicated trucking accident cases can be. There are many different laws and regulations that apply to these accidents, and it’s important to have an experienced attorney on your side who knows how to navigate the legal system.
Your attorney will also be able to deal and negotiate with the insurance company or companies involved in your case. Insurance adjusters are trained to minimize the amount of money that they pay out on claims, but your attorney will fight for the full compensation that you deserve.
If you’ve been in a truck crash, don’t try to handle everything on your own. Having a legal team can be a huge asset when going up against the trucking industry. Consult with an experienced attorney who can help you get the compensation you need to recover from your injuries in your truck accident case. We handle cases in Albany, Rochester, Buffalo, and beyond.
We accept cases on a contingency basis, which means we only collect attorney fees as a percentage of any compensation we secure for you. There are no upfront costs to put an experienced Buffalo trucking accident lawyer in your corner.